CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

RE: Joystick and EMC.

Posted by Paul.Corner
on 1999-09-06 16:12:50 UTC
On Sat, 04 Sep 1999, you wrote:
> From: "Tim Goldstein" <timg@...>
>
> I would add my vote to say encoder feedback would be a far more useful
> feature than a joystick. I think that developing a manual pendent would
> provide far more utility than a joystick and it does not require any
> additional hardware in the computer or changes to the software.

I've used a machine fitted with an electronic handwheel and a joystick next to
it.
The joystick could be set to given feed rate, it also had a small button in the
end of the stick to over-ride the set feed rate- useful for rapid traverses.
Yes the joystick could be dangerous, but so can an incorrectly programed G code.

My choice would be a joystick and a handwheel, both with programable feed
rates/resolutions. Just a thought - a feed back loop so the handwheel feels
like it is connected to the feed screw !

Regards, Paul.

Discussion Thread

Dan Mauch 1999-09-03 09:27:15 UTC Re: Joystick and EMC. Dan Falck 1999-09-03 19:59:07 UTC Re: Joystick and EMC. Tim Goldstein 1999-09-03 21:06:46 UTC RE: Joystick and EMC. Jon Elson 1999-09-03 23:18:09 UTC Re: Joystick and EMC. Paul.Corner 1999-09-06 16:12:50 UTC RE: Joystick and EMC.