CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

RE: Joystick and EMC.

Posted by Tim Goldstein
on 1999-09-03 21:06:46 UTC
I would add my vote to say encoder feedback would be a far more useful
feature than a joystick. I think that developing a manual pendent would
provide far more utility than a joystick and it does not require any
additional hardware in the computer or changes to the software.

I have started a web page on the pendent project as conceived by Mo. It has
a circuit diagram, brief explanation, and picture of the project to date.
You can check it out on my web site http://www.ktmarketing.com go to the
Home Machining page and select the link titled "Info and pictures of the
manual pendent I am building". It is the last one in the top group.

BTW, the same idea will work with any brand of PC based controller software.
The only change is to what keys control what function.

Tim
[Denver, CO]

Discussion Thread

Dan Mauch 1999-09-03 09:27:15 UTC Re: Joystick and EMC. Dan Falck 1999-09-03 19:59:07 UTC Re: Joystick and EMC. Tim Goldstein 1999-09-03 21:06:46 UTC RE: Joystick and EMC. Jon Elson 1999-09-03 23:18:09 UTC Re: Joystick and EMC. Paul.Corner 1999-09-06 16:12:50 UTC RE: Joystick and EMC.