CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

PCB Mill (Was Re: small stuff (list goals/aims/results?))

on 2001-05-11 18:22:26 UTC
Hi Kerry,

Thanks for the description. I'd forgotten that Kcam could do that.
I'll have to check it out. Seems like a lot of steps.

Alan KM6VV

Kerry wrote:

> --- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@e..., Alan Marconett KM6VV <KM6VV@a...> wrote:
> > Hi Kerry,
> >
> > Thanks for posting the PIC files! What are you using to lay out the
> > circuit, and generate the Gcode? Or what program are you using to
> do
> > the "outline" of the traces?
> >
> > Alan KM6VV
> >

> I use Target V8 for the PCB layout save the file then use the
> engraving isolation chanels output feature this outputs a hpgl.plt
> file which when loaded into Kcam is to small and in the wrong place.
> This has to be converted to a dxf i use corel draw and then resize
> and position it in a cad program. save as a dxf and import into
> Kcam. Its easier to do than type. well for me anyway i can show
> someone how to do anything on a computer but if i have to write it
> down it all goes to pot :)

Discussion Thread

Alan Marconett KM6VV 2001-05-11 11:49:22 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] PCB Mill (Was Re: small stuff (list goals/aims/results?)) Kerry 2001-05-11 15:50:11 UTC PCB Mill (Was Re: small stuff (list goals/aims/results?)) Alan Marconett KM6VV 2001-05-11 18:22:26 UTC PCB Mill (Was Re: small stuff (list goals/aims/results?))