CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Yes, here in the back of the room. I have a question...

on 2001-05-13 04:38:18 UTC
Jasson:

Except for age and "end use" interest, I could have written your letter.
I'll be interested to read the responses to it.

-- Carol & Jerry Jankura
Strongsville, Ohio
So many toys, so little time

-----Original Message-----
From: excalibur_215@... [mailto:excalibur_215@...]
Sent: Sunday, May 13, 2001 12:50 AM
To: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Yes, here in the back of the room. I have a
question...

I am not sure if I am ready for this or not, so here goes.

I found this group through the Sherline group down the hall. I am a
true hobbist beginner at machining. I am 31 and have no machining
experience. I have a standard #2000 mill, and have made a few things
so far. I do a fair amount of woodworking, and thought I would enjoy
working with metal. The main reason I got the mill was to mill on
paintball gun bodies and make small parts. I have done a few for
myself and friends.

I have quickly learned that having CNC capacity would be better for
the end result I am looking for, BUT I know very little about
machining and even less about CNC. I am no dummy, but act like one
most of the time. I would like to know what I would need to look
into to get started. Drives? Computer requirements? Software? I
don't expect you to get me going tomorrow, just point me in the right
direction. I know that would save me a lot of time, and also let me
know if I can handle it or not.

I am sure questions like these come by all the time, but I went
through several posts and could not find any.

Thanks for your help,

Jasson Thomley

Discussion Thread

excalibur_215@y... 2001-05-12 21:49:57 UTC Yes, here in the back of the room. I have a question... Tim Goldstein 2001-05-12 22:29:04 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Yes, here in the back of the room. I have a question... Tim Goldstein 2001-05-12 22:31:48 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Yes, here in the back of the room. I have a question... alenz@c... 2001-05-13 00:06:46 UTC Re: Yes, here in the back of the room. I have a question... Carol & Jerry Jankura 2001-05-13 04:38:18 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Yes, here in the back of the room. I have a question... Ray 2001-05-13 07:08:39 UTC Re: Yes, here in the back of the room. I have a question...