CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Bijor Oiler pressure

Posted by Lee Studley
on 2001-05-30 16:59:22 UTC
I was working on my SeriesII and did a homebrew rebuild of the
oiler. Also, since I'll be using the machine intermittantly, the 1hr
cycle time of the oiler was not convenient. I made an adapter shaft
and mounted a 24vdc gear/timing motor inplace of the original, so I
can vary the speed of the cycle time to about 1minute if needed.
That way I can get going quicker.

I replaced the original felt filter(dirty) with filter paper from a
new high end FRAM oil filter(I dissected it) that uses a new tri-
lobed fiber. It seems to work well, but I was wondering if the newer
paper gives too much resistance for the way lube to seep through
during the vacuum take-up cycle of the oiler piston. I currently get
about 25psi after about 3cycles and is stays there for a while until
the lube pushes out. I see a film on the surfaces afterward, so I
think all is good.

-Lee

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., Joe Vicars <jvicars@c...> wrote:
.
> Are you looking for a plugged system or a leaky system?

.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Discussion Thread

Lee Studley 2001-05-30 13:54:44 UTC Bijor Oiler pressure Joe Vicars 2001-05-30 14:43:47 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Bijor Oiler pressure Lee Studley 2001-05-30 16:59:22 UTC Re: Bijor Oiler pressure Sven Peter, TAD S.A. 2001-05-30 21:35:59 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Bijor Oiler pressure