CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Bijor Oiler pressure

Posted by Joe Vicars
on 2001-05-30 14:43:47 UTC
Lee,
Your pressure will vary as your downstream orifice size varies. The max pressure will be with a totally plugged up system.
The unit you refer to works with a spring. The electric motor lifts the plunger, the spring pushes it back. It's about a 1/2" bore
and I would say a pretty stiff spring. 50 to 100 lb/in.
If it were 100lbs then your max system pressure would be about 500 PSI. It's probably not that much.
The more leaky your system is the less pressure you will have. This also won't tell you wether your getting oil all the places you
should.
Are you looking for a plugged system or a leaky system?