CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: How to install motors into a Grizzly or Enco Milling CNC?

Posted by cadman@p...
on 2001-05-30 17:35:43 UTC
Hi Jose,

I'm in the middle of converting my Enco Drill/Mill to CNC. I'm just
about to finalize the design in CAD to fit ballscrews and servo motors
to the machine. With the help of this group you will learn plenty. I
know I have. You can check out my progress by going to the link
below.

http://24.12.163.105/cnc/

Have fun

CADMAN

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., "Jose Ivan Quinones" <avayan@a...> wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> I am new here but am extremely interested in transforming my bench
> Drill Mill machine into a CNC. There are many questions which I plan
> on getting answered in a near future, but the one I have not been
> able to answer is how to adapt the motors to the handles? Should I
> dismantle every fitting and then adapt the gear or sprocket? Or is
it
> only necessary to take out the wheel and mount the gear or sprocket
> into that? If this is so should I cut a three prung into the gear or
> sprocket assembly so that it binds with the fixture? What is the
best
> way of doing this without damaging the actual machine? Thanks for
> your
> help!
>
> JIQ

Discussion Thread

Jose Ivan Quinones 2001-05-30 17:27:20 UTC How to install motors into a Grizzly or Enco Milling CNC? cadman@p... 2001-05-30 17:35:43 UTC Re: How to install motors into a Grizzly or Enco Milling CNC? Smoke 2001-05-30 17:46:35 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] How to install motors into a Grizzly or Enco Milling CNC? Jose Ivan Quinones 2001-05-31 16:34:09 UTC Re: How to install motors into a Grizzly or Enco Milling CNC? Chris Stratton 2001-05-31 17:41:05 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: How to install motors into a Grizzly or Enco Milling CNC? Alan Marconett KM6VV 2001-05-31 18:03:22 UTC Re: How to install motors into a Grizzly or Enco Milling CNC?