CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Scope - Instek Model GOS-620 info wanted

Posted by alenz@c...
on 2001-06-03 22:39:00 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., afogassa@y... wrote:
> Just to let you all know, I was searching the net for a
oscilloscope
> and found one at radio shack web site on sale for $250.00. it's a
> 20mhz dual trace and bla bla bla...

Anyone familiar with this scope? I've been wanting to get one
for hobby use. Several months ago, this was brought up and it
seemed that a used Tec 465 was considered a good buy. The ones
on E-bay, last time I checked, were about in this same price
range, but less manual and probes, etc. Also 20 or 30 years
old and sold 'as is'. I suspect the Tetronix is/was king of the
hill, but with my experience, I wouldn't know the difference(g).
Unless someone has a better sugestion, might just get this one,
even tho I don't know beans about it.
Thanks, Al Lenz

PS My only prior experience with a scope is with a Dumont 304
that I picked up at a garage sale for $25 about 40 years ago.
It was obsolete even then. Sucker has 18 tubes and a sweep
range from 2 cps to 30 kc. (Quoting the operating manual).
(Those were the days when R/C gear was either scratch built
or later kit-built.) It was OK for adjusting servo pulse width,
setting frame rates and general troubleshooting.
Only problem, it took 30 min to warm up and weighs 50 or
60 lb. And you had to be quick, the trace would drift off screen
after a few minutes. So you see, it wouldn't take a top of the
line model to be a really big upgrade for me :-).

Query: Anyone know why the old Dumont has "CATHODE-RAY OSCILLOGRAPH"
stenciled on the front, rather than "oscilloscope"?
al

Discussion Thread

afogassa@y... 2001-06-03 18:19:32 UTC Scope Jon Elson 2001-06-03 21:56:38 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Scope alenz@c... 2001-06-03 22:39:00 UTC Re: Scope - Instek Model GOS-620 info wanted afogassa@y... 2001-06-03 23:16:15 UTC Re: Scope - Instek Model GOS-620 info wanted Jon Elson 2001-06-04 10:19:55 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Scope - Instek Model GOS-620 info wanted