CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Scope - Instek Model GOS-620 info wanted

Posted by afogassa@y...
on 2001-06-03 23:16:15 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., alenz@c... wrote:
> --- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., afogassa@y... wrote:
> > Just to let you all know, I was searching the net for a
> oscilloscope
> > and found one at radio shack web site on sale for $250.00. it's a
> > 20mhz dual trace and bla bla bla...
>
> Anyone familiar with this scope? I've been wanting to get one
> for hobby use. Several months ago, this was brought up and it
> seemed that a used Tec 465 was considered a good buy. The ones
> on E-bay, last time I checked, were about in this same price
> range, but less manual and probes, etc. Also 20 or 30 years
> old and sold 'as is'. I suspect the Tetronix is/was king of the
> hill, but with my experience, I wouldn't know the difference(g).
> Unless someone has a better sugestion, might just get this one,
> even tho I don't know beans about it.
> Thanks, Al Lenz
>
> PS My only prior experience with a scope is with a Dumont 304
> that I picked up at a garage sale for $25 about 40 years ago.
> It was obsolete even then. Sucker has 18 tubes and a sweep
> range from 2 cps to 30 kc. (Quoting the operating manual).
> (Those were the days when R/C gear was either scratch built
> or later kit-built.) It was OK for adjusting servo pulse width,
> setting frame rates and general troubleshooting.
> Only problem, it took 30 min to warm up and weighs 50 or
> 60 lb. And you had to be quick, the trace would drift off screen
> after a few minutes. So you see, it wouldn't take a top of the
> line model to be a really big upgrade for me :-).
>
> Query: Anyone know why the old Dumont has "CATHODE-RAY OSCILLOGRAPH"
> stenciled on the front, rather than "oscilloscope"?
> al

We are on the same boat,I can run across the street and get a
tektronix mainframe and one module for 100.00 bucks.but as you
sayd "as is".i would rather spend 250,00 on a brand new than throu
away 200,00 for something that I don't know nothing about and missin
probes,cords,manuals...etc...

Discussion Thread

afogassa@y... 2001-06-03 18:19:32 UTC Scope Jon Elson 2001-06-03 21:56:38 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Scope alenz@c... 2001-06-03 22:39:00 UTC Re: Scope - Instek Model GOS-620 info wanted afogassa@y... 2001-06-03 23:16:15 UTC Re: Scope - Instek Model GOS-620 info wanted Jon Elson 2001-06-04 10:19:55 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Scope - Instek Model GOS-620 info wanted