CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] EMC Screenshot and questions

machines@... wrote:

> OK for all the EMC guru's is there a site somewhere that carries a
> screenshot of what EMC looks like from the BDI install?

My web page has a screen shot of an earlier version of the EMC screen,
it still looks much like this : http://pico-systems.com/EMC.html

> Next question: EMC running servos's with step and direction input to
> Gecko 320's. If the motors are de-energised and the screws moved by
> hand will the display work as a DRO from the encoders?

There are two ways to do this. The simple method has the encoders ONLY
feeding back to the servo drive, not the computer. The fancier method
requires a card of some sort added to the computer to count encoder
pulses. There is a stepper version (I'm not absolutely sure it is on the
BDI
CDROM) that accepts encoder feedback. With this version, then you DO
get what you are asking for.

> If not is there any system that will do this ?

You can also run a full servo system, where the encoders feed back ONLY
to the computer, and the servo amps only try to match motor velocity
to the velocity commanded by the computer. There, the computer can
always display the actual position, both with motors on or off.

machines@n... 2001-07-08 22:18:42 UTC EMC Screenshot and questions Tim Goldstein 2001-07-08 22:43:12 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] EMC Screenshot and questions Jon Elson 2001-07-08 22:51:26 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] EMC Screenshot and questions