CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] emc help with home

whollid1@... wrote:

> Finally got emc up and running thanks to ray henrys bdi install.now I
> dont know how to home an axis. If I hit the home, the axis twitches
> and the display goes to 0, in essence working like a zeroing button.
> I understood that the axis is supposed to slowly home toward the
> limit switch and then back up a little. the home switches are mounted
> and the i/o checks out fine

It sounds like your .ini file has the wrong polarity for the home switches.
So, it assumes the machine is at the home position everywhere except
at home. You can change the home polarity specified in the .ini file
to get it to reverse the sense of this switch. Then, it should seek until
it finds the switch. (A quick check of this would be to hold the switch
manually, and hit the home key. When it starts moving, release the
switch. If it stops there, then the switch polarity is working backwards.)

whollid1@m... 2001-07-13 20:26:08 UTC emc help with home Tim Goldstein 2001-07-13 21:00:34 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] emc help with home Jon Elson 2001-07-13 21:10:12 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] emc help with home Ray 2001-07-14 08:43:09 UTC Re: RE: emc help with home Paul 2001-07-14 10:04:41 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: RE: emc help with home