CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] BDI installed and working

on 2001-07-19 12:52:32 UTC
Hi John,

That's amazing! I am still working on my install. I did get multiple
partitions, and Windoz98 to come up under LILO (ya gotta be FAST to
ketch the boot menu!). Most if not all the startup items come up [OK],
just the "no screens found".

I'm navigating around the directories, even found /usr/local/emc. I
don't know WHAT to run after that. I was thinking that there was a
Linux CNC site, perhaps where I can read all about it.

I was also unable to find XF86Setup or Xconfigurator, although I THINK I
looked in most of the directories. Only had a short time to play with
it last night. Ray and Ian have been helping me. My video
board/monitor seems to be difficult to set up. That will be next.

I'm anxious to see EMC run!

Alan KM6VV

jguenther@... wrote:

> Last night I installed the BDI on the laptop I am using to control my
> Sherline 5400 mill. In order to accomplish the install, I put the
> hard drive for the laptop in a regular PC, booted the BDI from a
> floppy boot disk and proceeded with the install. After completing the
> install, I restored my configuration files and g-code program files,
> put the drive back in the laptop and had a new improved EMC for my
> little Sherline. Total time including moving hardware around and
> choosing the correct linux configuration items for the laptop was
> about 45 minutes. BDI install time was about 19 minutes. I am using
> steppermod and I think the motion is smoother with this version than
> it was with the August 2000 version of EMC and rt-linux 2.2.
>
> Now it's back to making chips with my CNC toy's. I could watch these
> work for hours!
>
> John Guenther

Discussion Thread

jguenther@v... 2001-07-19 07:07:08 UTC BDI installed and working Alan Marconett KM6VV 2001-07-19 12:52:32 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] BDI installed and working Ian Wright 2001-07-19 13:52:29 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] BDI installed and working Jon Elson 2001-07-19 22:08:15 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] BDI installed and working Alan Marconett KM6VV 2001-07-20 12:29:24 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] BDI installed and working Alan Marconett KM6VV 2001-07-20 13:02:30 UTC Re: BDI installed and working Ian Wright 2001-07-20 14:19:17 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] BDI installed and working Alan Marconett KM6VV 2001-07-20 14:29:33 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] BDI installed and working