CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] BDI EMC first task - stupid questions.

"Sven Peter, TAD S.A." wrote:

> Dear friends,
> next week there will start my first project with BDI EMC?
> CROSS FINGERS!
> I got contacted with a shop that has a CNC mill with a burnt controller.
>
> I still don't know nothing about the machine. So no idea if the drivers
> still work
> I understood that any pentium with more than 200 MHz will work.
> BUT WHAT KIND OF INTERFACE CARDS ARE NECESSARY?

It depends on what you are using for drives. If using existing servo
amps (with +/- 10 V input) then you need either the Servo-to-Go card,
or my PPAC units (but these are not working yet with the latest
EMC, as used in the BDI).

If using something like the Gecko stepper to servo drive, or steppers
with stepper drivers, then you can use the parallel port to control the
stepper drivers.

You can use Opto-22 modules to connect limit switches, etc. to the
computer, both for limit and home switch sense, but also for auxilliary
control, like spindle, coolant, etc.

Sven Peter, TAD S.A. 2001-07-21 15:46:52 UTC BDI EMC first task - stupid questions. Jon Elson 2001-07-21 23:36:57 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] BDI EMC first task - stupid questions. Paul 2001-07-22 02:53:14 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] BDI EMC first task - stupid questions. Jon Elson 2001-07-22 09:44:04 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] BDI EMC first task - stupid questions.