CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] BDI EMC first task - stupid questions.

Posted by Paul
on 2001-07-22 02:53:14 UTC
Hi Jon, Sven Peter

Sensoray do a four axis card for ~$500. Looking at the manual, it does not look
toooo difficult to modify the STG drivers.
I would like to have a go at porting the drivers - IF Sensoray would answer my
emails, I'd order a card to play with.
Servo To Go on the other hand, are very quick in responding to any email and
they also have a Linux expert. I think I shall wait for a couple of months and
see if STG announce a PCI card around the same price as Sensoray.

Regards, Paul.

On Sun, 22 Jul 2001, Jon Elson wrote:
> > I got contacted with a shop that has a CNC mill with a burnt controller.

> > I understood that any pentium with more than 200 MHz will work.
> > BUT WHAT KIND OF INTERFACE CARDS ARE NECESSARY?
>
> It depends on what you are using for drives. If using existing servo
> amps (with +/- 10 V input) then you need either the Servo-to-Go card,
> or my PPAC units (but these are not working yet with the latest
> EMC, as used in the BDI).

Discussion Thread

Sven Peter, TAD S.A. 2001-07-21 15:46:52 UTC BDI EMC first task - stupid questions. Jon Elson 2001-07-21 23:36:57 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] BDI EMC first task - stupid questions. Paul 2001-07-22 02:53:14 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] BDI EMC first task - stupid questions. Jon Elson 2001-07-22 09:44:04 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] BDI EMC first task - stupid questions.