CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Re: That encoder stuff

Posted by Bertho Boman
on 1999-09-23 10:20:16 UTC
I saw the same article. There has been several other articles on digital tachs published in IEEE and I need to go through my
back issues and find them.

That smarts could obviously be done by the same Microcontroller/DSP that generates the PWM.
Bertho
=================================

> Ray Henry <rehenry@...> wrote:
>
> Sometime back I read a report on an pulse coder to tach converter that used
> the frequency of pulses for the high speed D/A conversion and the time
> between pulses for low speed D/A conversion. This system gave a resonably
> accurate velocity signal for both rapid moves and slow feedrates.
>
> Something like this could be developed even if you wanted to stay in
> digital for the entire velocity loop.
>
> Ray

Discussion Thread

Ray Henry 1999-09-23 09:33:43 UTC Re: That encoder stuff Bertho Boman 1999-09-23 10:20:16 UTC Re: Re: That encoder stuff