CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Digital caliper interface.

Posted by machines@n...
on 2001-07-29 14:51:56 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., "J. J. Larsen" <jjl@p...> wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> I have bought 2 cheap Taiwan/China made digital calipers. It´s my
intension
> to mount them on my mill, so they can work as a DRO.
>
> On the calipers, under a small cap, there is a 4 pole PCB edge-
connector
> interface. What is that for ? Is it some kind of output ( rs232,
> quadratur ) to an external display ? or is it some kind of factory
> calibration interface ?
> The "manual" ( a little piece of paper) tells nothing.
>
> If it´s some kind of output (what I hope it is) I will try to make
some kind
> of external display.
>

> Does anyone have any information, links, plans for interfacing,
software ?

> Thanks in advance

Jens
Somewhere I have the handbook on the Mitoyo Digimatic remote reader
head. I don't know if there is any info in there but I'll dig it out
and look.
One thing to be aware of with these and that is the update isn't that
fast. We fitted some of these scales on a grinder and had to take
them off and fit normal DRO's as the customer complained about the
slow update. Watching the display whilst infeeding meant you passed
the position you needed.
John Stevenson

Discussion Thread

J. J. Larsen 2001-07-29 02:41:10 UTC Digital caliper interface. mkelbel 2001-07-29 03:27:21 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Digital caliper interface. mkelbel 2001-07-29 03:28:47 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Digital caliper interface. machines@n... 2001-07-29 14:51:56 UTC Re: Digital caliper interface. diazden 2001-07-30 04:56:12 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Digital caliper interface.