CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Question, dimensions for #23 steppers

Posted by Jon Anderson
on 2001-08-04 16:36:34 UTC
Peter,

At the moment it's going to be a direct bolt on to the MaxNC.
I have no intentions of doing anything for the Sherlines. Sherline did
such a great job on their motor mounts, it would be all but impossible
to improve on them.

For the Max, the X and Y axis will attach using the outer two tapped
holes that Max uses to help prevent the motor from pulling away. That
is, not the holes that match to the motor. On the Z axis, Max turns the
motor 45 degrees and uses opposite corners. My plates will have both
patterns.
Once I've started selling these, I could make available a 1:1 scale
drawing showing screw centerline, mounting holes, and outline of
adapter. Potential users could use this to see if they can add tapped
holes to utilize the existing holes. Would not be a big deal to add
holes for other machines so long as they fall within drillable areas and
don't impinge upon the Max holes.
Once I've got everything really finalized here, I might take a look at
adding some generic hole locations for custom built machines.
Oh yeah, will be looking next at scaling this up for N34 frame motors...

Outside of that, no CNC related projects in the works at the moment.
I did make an adapter to put a Sherline spindle and motor on my Max,
running the Sherline motor inline instead of hanging off the side.
But this would be too expensive a piece to sell as is. I am giving some
thought to that, but don't know how many folks are willing to cough up
the money for an adapter setup, and a Sherline spindle/motor kit.
Not the cheapest upgrade, for sure.

Jon