CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

RE: Window Freeze

Posted by Tim Goldstein
on 1999-09-25 11:00:07 UTC
I was experiencing a similar problem closing and switching windows while I
was using the default window manager (FWVM???). I switched to using
Afterstep and the problem went away. I tried KDE on my machine controller
system and found it would cause EMC to become unstable (coordinate numbers
jumping around and estop turning on and off without anything being run) so I
wiped the disk clean and did a workstation install and used my RT script and
now just run it with Afterstep and all is fine.

I am running KDE on my test system (no stepper controller attached) and it
seems to cause instability problem on occasion, but on this machine I can
live with it. I like the KDE interface, but it seems like it needs to mature
a little.

Tim
[Denver, CO]

Discussion Thread

Darrell Gehlsen 1999-09-24 22:19:43 UTC Window Freeze Tim Goldstein 1999-09-25 11:00:07 UTC RE: Window Freeze