CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Long cables for Gecko G340s

Posted by Tom Eldredge
From: <andy@...>
To: <CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Monday, August 06, 2001 5:31 PM
Subject: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Long cables for Gecko G340s

> Turned out I needed longer cables for one of the axes of my flame
> burning conversion and I am running into Tom Eldregdes problems as
> covered in this and other posts.

> I am confused about what I need to get this running properly.
>
> Can anyone summarize what is needed. The posts mention:
> 1. Ground the motor shield at the case.
> 2. Add a small capacitor to the encoder?
> 3. Don't ground the enconder shield?
>
> Thanks in advance for any help.
>
> Andy

Andy, here are some of the things we learned. Ground shields at the encoder
ground point on the Gecko drives, and no-where else. I forget whether we
were able to ground the encoder cables and the motor cables. Definately the
servo motor drive cable shelds and motor case. Use the capacitor
recommended by Mariss. Do not tie the computer ground to the other grounds.
We are using a laptop. We have not had much time to use our machine yet.

Thats all I can comment on at this point. Had to go back into construction
and home remodeling for a while to inprove the cash flow, so not able to put
as much time in this business lately. Too tired or busy with other
commitments in evenings to do much.>

Tom Eldredge