CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: re: encoding free leadscrew end.

stratton@... wrote:

> Now if I could just figure out how to keep the armstrong toolpost
> from migrating with the cutting force, I wouldn't have to recut the
> half of the trumpet bell mandrel that came out oversize tomorrow.
> (can't really complain though - it did come out oversize, not
> undersize)

This is easy. Get RID of that hideous monstrosity! I got a Phase-II
dovetail toolpost as one of the fist machine upgrades I ever bought,
and it was a great purchase! The machine was SO much stiffer.
Also, the holders allow you to preset the tool height, and every time
you put it on, it sits right at the correct height. These are usually
advertised as a Dorian or Aloris-type post.

Arne Chr. Jorgensen 1999-09-27 13:04:06 UTC re: encoding free leadscrew end. stratton@x... 1999-09-28 18:55:30 UTC Re: re: encoding free leadscrew end. Jon Elson 1999-09-28 23:05:36 UTC Re: re: encoding free leadscrew end. Ian Wright 1999-09-29 03:16:09 UTC Re: re: encoding free leadscrew end.