CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

RE: Re: RE: Re: Cheap interface boards

Posted by David Howland
on 1999-09-29 09:40:11 UTC
James,
OKAY. I'm not sure how much they want for the program, and I'd love to locate a little Quick Basic source code for simple functions which might be driven by disk (script) files. I too like to cut up code for application specific tasks. If "indexer" is the best solution for some of the little robots I'll be constructing for the yaba-wazza left right machines planned in my shop, I'll probably look into the program. It's on my interest list, and I appreciate anyone's experience with it and other useful tools for enslaving old computers to cut out wooden or plastic cookies.

Is "C" your code of choice? Boy, you can sure spot us amateurs a mile away.

David Howland

-----Original Message-----
From: James Eckman [SMTP:fugu@...]
Sent: Wednesday, September 29, 1999 8:44 AM
To: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@onelist.com
Subject: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: RE: Re: Cheap interface boards

From: James Eckman <fugu@...>

>From: David Howland <dhowland@...>
>Subject: RE: Re: Cheap interface boards
>
>James, An interesting site for Parallel port stepper control software >is:
> htt://www.abilitysystems.com/indexlpt.htm

I looked at it before when you posted earlier. It looks pretty good, but
I've already written this software before for laser machining equipment,
so I have no need to purchase any. I'm planning on looking through EMC
and looting some of the modules for ideas! If I come up with something
viable and legally shareable, I'll post it to the list.

Jim Eckman
Former designer and programmer of laser machining systems

Welcome to CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@...,an unmoderated list for the discussion of shop built systems in the above catagories.
To Unsubscribe, read archives, change to or from digest.
Go to: http://www.onelist.com/isregistered.cgi
Log on, and you will go to Member Center, and you can make changes there.
For the FAQ, go to http://www.ktmarketing.com/faq.html
bill,
List Manager

Discussion Thread

James Eckman 1999-09-28 06:25:41 UTC Re: Cheap interface boards David Howland 1999-09-28 07:50:09 UTC RE: Re: Cheap interface boards batwings@x... 1999-09-28 00:56:41 UTC RE: Re: Cheap interface boards James Eckman 1999-09-29 08:44:01 UTC Re: RE: Re: Cheap interface boards David Howland 1999-09-29 09:40:11 UTC RE: Re: RE: Re: Cheap interface boards batwings@i... 1999-09-29 07:30:19 UTC RE: Re: RE: Re: Cheap interface boards