CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: SirCam virus

Posted by Tony Jeffree
on 2001-08-20 00:32:30 UTC
At 23:14 18/08/2001 +0000, you wrote:
> >If anyone has received an email from me with attachments, they contained
> >the SirCam virus. If you opened any of these attachments your system is
> >probably infected, and you should contact everyone with an email address
> >in your address book.
>
>A note here for the Linux newbes. You really don't need to worry about
>much of this infection stuff on your linux box. Many open and read these
>infected files just so they can say they can!

And a note for Windoze users - the virus assumes you're using Outlook (or
Outlook Express) as your Email client & therefore looks in the Outlook
address book to find more victims to infect. This is a very good reason
(IMO) to use something else (Eudora, Agent, Pegasus...etc) to read your mail.

However, run a decent virus checker & up-to-date virus defs & this virus
will be detected & rendered harmless before you get the chance to try &
open the attachment.

Regards,
Tony

Discussion Thread

Thomas Gilmour 2001-08-17 22:24:34 UTC SirCam virus Ray 2001-08-18 06:43:27 UTC Re: SirCam virus M. SHABBIR MOGHUL 2001-08-19 10:26:13 UTC any one in hong kong. Tony Jeffree 2001-08-20 00:32:30 UTC Re: SirCam virus