CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] BDI steppermod gives following errors

jguenthe wrote:

> Ray,
>
> Here is the emc.ini file for my configuration. I am including it in this
> message for convience.
>
> DEFAULT_ACCELERATION = 20.0
> MAX_ACCELERATION = 20.0

I think these are your problem. That is a LOT of acceleration.
I'm using 2.0 on my pretty responsive servo system. Since your user units
are inches, 20 IPS^2 is a lot of acceleration, almost certainly too much for
a real stepper system, anyway.

> FERROR = 1.000
> MIN_FERROR = 0.010

The min_ferror parameter sounds a little small. You can try turning it up to
0.05 inch or so, to allow a little more lag before the following error is
triggered.

> This all has me quite perplexed, and I still don't understand why steppermod
> has the overwhelming desire to write over the emc.ini file every time you
> run it. That really doesn't make sense to me since freqmod doesn't do this.
> If I had a more powerful laptop to run this on I most certainly would be
> using freqmod.

This is so that changes in calibration, etc. can be written out to the
.ini file. I suspect freqmod does this, too. I know that the servo versions
of EMC do this. (Anyway, freqmod or steppermod are not involved in this,
as they are running in the real time environment, and have no access to
the file system. Is it the task controller that reads (and writes) the .ini
file?
I'm not sure, but I think so.

jguenthe 2001-08-24 08:34:29 UTC BDI steppermod gives following errors Jon Elson 2001-08-24 11:45:33 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] BDI steppermod gives following errors jguenther@v... 2001-08-24 12:07:18 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] BDI steppermod gives following errors Ray 2001-08-24 17:31:05 UTC Re: BDI steppermod gives following errors