CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] All Windings Off setting, Camtronics 5A boards

on 2001-08-24 11:43:27 UTC
Hi Tom & Jerry, :>)

Good thread starting!

I've got my full set of Gecko's now, and the power supply hardware, and
some neat push buttons, E-switch, indicators, relays and contactors. I
haven't figured out yet what exactly the contactors are (SIEMENS
3Ft2010-0AC2) yet, but I'd like it include them in my new driver box.
Relays are easy enough to hook up to be latching, and drop out when a
limit sw or E-switch is pressed; I assume that the contactors can be
used similarly? I may just go for a "simpler" design to start, and add
the complexity later.

The Gecko 210's have disable input, which should be useful, but you're
saying it's better route the MOTOR power through a relay that will drop
out? Then I'll probably just wire the disable to a switch. I think all
I have is push buttons! Some thinking required here!

Alan KM6VV

Carol & Jerry Jankura wrote:

> Tom:
>
> If you're looking for safety, then you should remove the power source from
> the motors themselves. With the Camtronics 2 amp boards, I'd put the switch
> in series with the power supply connection to power input pin of the L298's.
> With the 5 amp boards, I'd do the equivalent.
>
> The general rule is that, in an emergency situation, you can't assume that
> any of the electronics are working so you should hard-wire your power cutoff
> right to the devices that potentially could cause damage. Once that's taken
> care of, you can wire an additional contact off of the E-Stop switch to let
> the computer know that a "stop" condition has occurred, and you might also
> want to wire a line to the "inhibit" input of the controller.
>
> The E-Stop should be wired such that "resetting" the E-Stop switch does not
> automatically re-energize the motors. An additional "start" switch should do
> that.
>
> -- Jerry

Discussion Thread

Kay, Tom 2001-08-24 06:44:27 UTC All Windings Off setting, Camtronics 5A boards Carol & Jerry Jankura 2001-08-24 06:56:41 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] All Windings Off setting, Camtronics 5A boards jguenther@v... 2001-08-24 08:19:10 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] All Windings Off setting, Camtronics 5A boards Alan Marconett KM6VV 2001-08-24 11:43:27 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] All Windings Off setting, Camtronics 5A boards Alan Marconett KM6VV 2001-08-25 10:26:47 UTC Re: All Windings Off setting, Camtronics 5A boards Ray 2001-08-25 17:05:22 UTC Re: Re: All Windings Off setting, Camtronics 5A boards Alan Marconett KM6VV 2001-08-26 13:57:03 UTC Re: All Windings Off setting, Camtronics 5A boards Ray 2001-08-26 19:32:49 UTC Re: Re: All Windings Off setting, Camtronics 5A boards Alan Marconett KM6VV 2001-08-27 12:01:43 UTC Re: All Windings Off setting, Camtronics 5A boards Jon Elson 2001-08-27 20:51:33 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: All Windings Off setting, Camtronics 5A boards Alan Marconett KM6VV 2001-08-27 21:41:34 UTC Re: All Windings Off setting, Camtronics 5A boards