CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: All Windings Off setting, Camtronics 5A boards

on 2001-08-26 13:57:03 UTC
Hi Ray,

Yes! it DOES stay in when pressed, in fact, someone from the List had
to give me a hint how to reset the switch! I did a little lookup on
contactors, and I did come across "overload". Mine seem to be 24 VAC
(there was a transformer in the "box", and three circuits, L1,L2,L3.
also an NC/NO pair, which don't seem to connect to anything else, but do
close another circuit. There is a little lever on the Siemens
contactor, which closes the circuits as well.

Yeah, what we need is a PDA with Vector CAD, and a wireless internet
connection!

Alan KM6VV

Ray wrote:

> From: Alan Marconett KM6VV <KM6VV@...>
>
> >Hi Ray,
> >
> >That's what I meant. The E-switch has a N/C contact that opens when
> >pushed. The opening switch opens the holding circuit to the relay.
> >What I haven't found yet is the connection information for the
> >contactor.
> >
> >Or are you saying that the contactors don't work quite the same? I've
> >never had the luxury of a fancy "contactor", I've just wired holding
> >relays previously.
>
> Alan
>
> Same thing different words. The term contactor to me means not only a set
> of relay contacts but some kind of motor overload as well. If you use a
> estop switch that when you push it it stays in then you do not need any
> holding contact on the relay or contactor. If the estop switch is a
> momentary switch then you put it in series with a normally open on the
> relay and use a second momentary normally open switch to bypass the relay
> contacts to latch the relay or contactor. It's to bad that you can't
> transmit drawings on lunch room napkins here.
>
> HTH
>
> Ray

Discussion Thread

Kay, Tom 2001-08-24 06:44:27 UTC All Windings Off setting, Camtronics 5A boards Carol & Jerry Jankura 2001-08-24 06:56:41 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] All Windings Off setting, Camtronics 5A boards jguenther@v... 2001-08-24 08:19:10 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] All Windings Off setting, Camtronics 5A boards Alan Marconett KM6VV 2001-08-24 11:43:27 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] All Windings Off setting, Camtronics 5A boards Alan Marconett KM6VV 2001-08-25 10:26:47 UTC Re: All Windings Off setting, Camtronics 5A boards Ray 2001-08-25 17:05:22 UTC Re: Re: All Windings Off setting, Camtronics 5A boards Alan Marconett KM6VV 2001-08-26 13:57:03 UTC Re: All Windings Off setting, Camtronics 5A boards Ray 2001-08-26 19:32:49 UTC Re: Re: All Windings Off setting, Camtronics 5A boards Alan Marconett KM6VV 2001-08-27 12:01:43 UTC Re: All Windings Off setting, Camtronics 5A boards Jon Elson 2001-08-27 20:51:33 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: All Windings Off setting, Camtronics 5A boards Alan Marconett KM6VV 2001-08-27 21:41:34 UTC Re: All Windings Off setting, Camtronics 5A boards