CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

IO bus

on 1999-10-02 05:54:22 UTC
Hi folks,

Sorry, I am not in sync with you guys. I get the digests. I try
to encourage you to think a little, and not to be too tied up to
what has been common. So a lot of my inputs are not meant to be
understood literally.

Jon said:

>Yeah, then the screen display has nothing to do with what is going
>on with the machine, it shows where the machine will be in 10
minutes!
>And, if you make a feed rate change or hit stop, it will keep going

>for minutes before what you did has any effect. Not desirable!

I do agree on the very last sentence ! But in this case I thought
of stepper control, and it could be done, and you know that.

There is a few linux projects that might be of interest:

http://www.cs.uit.no/linux-irda/ ; IrDA
http://peloncho.fis.ucm.es/~inaky/uusbd-www/ ; USB
http://www.edu.uni-klu.ac.at/~epirker/ieee1394.html ; FireWire

( I just wrote these links, and I have not looked at them my self
yet )

Jon wrote:

>I made up my own personal control bus, that uses a printer port to
>control up to 256 devices, with up to 256 registers per device.

Say a few more words about this, if you have any schematics, it
would be nice to look at them. I looks like you use a line for
selecting an address register, a strobe line, and a data latch.
Give us some info of what it can do, - do you know how many feet
of cable you can attach without problems ?

( I used 4 chips to buffer a partial decoded ISA bus, which run at
the ISA bus speed, but I have not tested it for cable lengths and
noise. The output is a 20pin Header type. But I may have an easier
idea )

//ARNE

Discussion Thread

Arne Chr. Jorgensen 1999-10-02 05:54:22 UTC IO bus Jon Elson 1999-10-02 18:33:54 UTC Re: IO bus