CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: HELP --- Installation frustration...

Posted by Clint Bach
on 1999-10-03 06:34:04 UTC
Thanks Tim,

I understand how and why the files are the way they are. You are right
about using the machine only for the machine controller, too. That is
what I intend to do in fact. Some times I feel like I'm so close to
having an operating machine yet so far away!!!! I will not give up on
this project!!!! I do have a separate Windows based machine but it
doesn't have a modem... Grrrrr....

I will continue bumbling through the forest, blindly, in the dead of
night if need be until I get this thing up and running!! Please don't
take my frustration as not appreciating all the effort by the Linux
community and the machining community and everyone else involved.
Sometimes frustration is just frustration...

I would like to thank everyone for this wondeful opportunity to automate
my machines. All help is gratefully accepted and appreciated.

Well, I have software to install! Gotta go.

Clint Bach

PS. Is anyone on this list from East Tennessee?

Tim Goldstein wrote:

> From: "Tim Goldstein" <timg@...>
>
> Clint,
>
> I am the one that wrote the setupRT.zip script. The reason I zipped it in a
> normal Windows format is that at the time I put it together for my use and
> to help others on the list the idea was you would be using Linux only for
> your machine controller and not as a replacement for your desktop. So I
> figured you would not have a modem or a soundcard in the Linux machine and
> you would have a functioning Windows machine available.
>
> Concerning running the script from the hard drive, there are a couple of
> files in the script that are copied and the script file is looking fro them
> to be on the floppy. Yes, you could rewrite it to work from the hard drive
> if you wanted to, but from the floppy is a more generic approach in my mind.
>
> You can just do it the manual way and put all of the RT compile commands in
> yourself and that does not require the setupRT.zip file at all.
>
> Tim
> [Denver, CO]

Discussion Thread

gary@x... 1999-10-01 09:05:28 UTC Re: HELP --- Installation frustration... Jon Elson 1999-10-02 17:54:21 UTC Re: HELP --- Installation frustration... Terry L. Ridder 1999-10-02 18:03:43 UTC Re: HELP --- Installation frustration... Steve Carlisle 1999-10-02 20:15:20 UTC Re: HELP --- Installation frustration... Clint Bach 1999-10-02 18:16:00 UTC Re: HELP --- Installation frustration... Terry L. Ridder 1999-10-02 21:52:33 UTC Re: HELP --- Installation frustration... Tim Goldstein 1999-10-03 08:19:31 UTC RE: HELP --- Installation frustration... Dan Mauch 1999-10-03 08:37:19 UTC Re: HELP --- Installation frustration... Clint Bach 1999-10-03 06:34:04 UTC Re: HELP --- Installation frustration... Tim Goldstein 1999-10-03 09:52:03 UTC RE: HELP --- Installation frustration...