CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Delta-Tau

Posted by Matt Shaver
on 2001-09-01 09:44:08 UTC
carlcnc@... wrote:

> Hi
> I acquired some machines that are run by Delta-Tau PCMAC controllers
> of a couple flavors including some add on cards,
> Does anyone have experience with Delta-Tau ?
> Given that the machines were probably not set up for Gcode operator
> interface,how and where can I acquire thier NC software?
> Is said NC package going to cost a bundle?
> Are these cards and their software set up as "proprietary" ie;
> Can I only use Delta-Tau with Delta-Tau?
> Seems a shame to have 99% of a real servo control and not be able to
> utilize them!

The first version of the EMC used this card (it's a really nice card if
you have $4000 to spare...). It ran under WinNT 3.51 with a VB GUI. It
looked like this:

http://www.deltatau.com/Products/software/acc33.htm

It's also visible on the monitor in the background of this picture:

http://www.isd.mel.nist.gov/projects/emc/shaver.jpg

I have a copy of the software, but I'm not sure if it's the last version
or not, plus it's not supported by anyone anymore (unless you buy it
from Delta-Tau). I think DT get about $500 for it, but I'm not sure. You
could ask Fred Proctor at NIST if he has backups of the last version,
but if you wanted changes or bug fixes you'd be out of luck. Another
possibility would be to write a "wrapper" for the PMAC to use it with
the Linux version of the EMC, although that's not in the works anywhere
(that I know of).

Matt

P.S. I'll happily send you what I have, but you're on your own from there...

Discussion Thread

Matt Shaver 2001-09-01 09:44:08 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Delta-Tau Jon Elson 2001-09-01 10:25:55 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Delta-Tau Jon Elson 2001-09-01 10:40:57 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Delta-Tau