CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Delta-Tau

Matt Shaver wrote:

> carlcnc@... wrote:
>
> > Hi
> > I acquired some machines that are run by Delta-Tau PCMAC controllers
> > of a couple flavors including some add on cards,
> > Does anyone have experience with Delta-Tau ?
> > Given that the machines were probably not set up for Gcode operator
> > interface,how and where can I acquire thier NC software?
> > Is said NC package going to cost a bundle?
> > Are these cards and their software set up as "proprietary" ie;
> > Can I only use Delta-Tau with Delta-Tau?
> > Seems a shame to have 99% of a real servo control and not be able to
> > utilize them!
>
> The first version of the EMC used this card (it's a really nice card if
> you have $4000 to spare...). It ran under WinNT 3.51 with a VB GUI. It
> looked like this:
>
> http://www.deltatau.com/Products/software/acc33.htm
>
> It's also visible on the monitor in the background of this picture:
>
> http://www.isd.mel.nist.gov/projects/emc/shaver.jpg
>
> I have a copy of the software, but I'm not sure if it's the last version
> or not, plus it's not supported by anyone anymore (unless you buy it
> from Delta-Tau). I think DT get about $500 for it, but I'm not sure. You
> could ask Fred Proctor at NIST if he has backups of the last version,
> but if you wanted changes or bug fixes you'd be out of luck. Another
> possibility would be to write a "wrapper" for the PMAC to use it with
> the Linux version of the EMC, although that's not in the works anywhere
> (that I know of).

This would be the best solution, although a bit of work. Given the
old code (assuming there haven't been vast changes in the way
things are done) it might not be too horrible to use the Delta-Tau,
but leave most of EMC the way it is NOW, rather than the non-RT
windows version.

I didn't realize that Delta-Tau now had the old EMC available as a
product!

Matt Shaver 2001-09-01 09:44:08 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Delta-Tau Jon Elson 2001-09-01 10:25:55 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Delta-Tau Jon Elson 2001-09-01 10:40:57 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Delta-Tau