CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Delta-Tau

carlcnc@... wrote:

> Hi
> I acquired some machines that are run by Delta-Tau PCMAC controllers
> of a couple flavors including some add on cards,
> Does anyone have experience with Delta-Tau ?
> Given that the machines were probably not set up for Gcode operator
> interface,how and where can I acquire thier NC software?

I don't think they have NC software, in the sense of a G-code
(RS-274D) interpreter. EMC once used Delta-Tau cards, and
could probably be set up to use them again.

> Is said NC package going to cost a bundle?
> Are these cards and their software set up as "proprietary" ie;
> Can I only use Delta-Tau with Delta-Tau?
> Seems a shame to have 99% of a real servo control and not be able to
> utilize them!

Yes. I don't know whether there is a commercial 'package' that
can be bought separately that uses the Delta-Tau cards. I know
some proprietary controls do use their cards in NC machines.
But, I've been told that Delta-Tau, themselves, do not have such
a product.

Matt Shaver 2001-09-01 09:44:08 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Delta-Tau Jon Elson 2001-09-01 10:25:55 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Delta-Tau Jon Elson 2001-09-01 10:40:57 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Delta-Tau