CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Contour Machining, was Optimizing cutting paths

Posted by machines@n...
on 2001-09-02 11:44:54 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., "Fred Smith" <imserv@v...> wrote:
> --- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., machines@n... wrote:
> > [3] Are all the subjects covered in the new manual? I have read
> your
> > web page but a lot of the answers don't seem to be covered, like
> the
> > original subject above.
>
> Not all subjects are covered. The reorganize function has been
> covered since version 2 was released about 1993. It is just not
> often described at the lengths and in detail as I have done here in
> the past week or so. Much of the material on our web site is in
> answer to those that cannot read the description in the manual and
> understand that it is the answer to their problems.
>
> "Are all the subjects covered in the new manual?", sounds like a
> competitor trying to reverse engineer our product.

Fred why would a simple question like this "sound like a
competitor trying to reverse engineer our product. "?
It was just a simple question.
The reason I asked was that I have the Learing vector book in front
of me and the actual maching tutorial only covers 10 pages for 2D and
3D out of a 168 page book.
I was looking to find out if the full manual covered it any better.

Seeing as you mentioned reverse engineering why would someone want to
do this when there are already 1 1/2 clones out there with Bobcad and
Onecnc ?

> The answer is of course not. Vector has so many feaures and
> capabilities that we could not afford the postage if we wrote up
> every single detail about every feature and each combination. All
> the major features are covered by the Vector on-line help that is
> installed with the program. The manual supplements that with more
> indepth coverage of many of the complicated functions, tutorials,
and
> specific application notes on heads up digitizing, helixes,
lettering
> techniques, and various 3D wire frame drawing methods.
>
> In many cases there are machine specific tricks that are only used
by
> the OEM that ships Vector with his machine. There is
nodocumentation
> of the DDE server because it is only released to those that
purchase
> th license.
>
> Just as a side note the message numbers from our forum indicate
that
> we have had 996 posted in the 3 years since it started. That is an
> enormous amount of documentation and problem solving that we use to
> help plan future improvements to Vector and to find ways to respond
> to our customers needs.
>
> Also John, if you would like to ask Centriforce directly about the
> Vector manuals, as well as see the latest improvements, visit their
> booth at EMO in Hannover, Germany, on September 12-19, 2001.
>
> http://www.emo-hannover.de/homepage_e
>
> Centriforce Hall 15 , Stand B07

A bit of a long way to go for on-line help <bg>

JS.

Discussion Thread

IMService 2001-09-01 05:55:32 UTC Re: Contour Machining, was Optimizing cutting paths machines@n... 2001-09-02 06:55:11 UTC Re: Contour Machining, was Optimizing cutting paths Fred Smith 2001-09-02 10:35:26 UTC Re: Contour Machining, was Optimizing cutting paths machines@n... 2001-09-02 11:44:54 UTC Re: Contour Machining, was Optimizing cutting paths Fred Smith 2001-09-02 12:12:41 UTC Re: Contour Machining, was Optimizing cutting paths machines@n... 2001-09-02 13:08:11 UTC Re: Contour Machining, was Optimizing cutting paths