CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Contour Machining, was Optimizing cutting paths

Posted by machines@n...
on 2001-09-02 13:08:11 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., "Fred Smith" <imserv@v...> wrote:
> --- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., machines@n... wrote:
>
> More than that. I've had some copyright issues with at least one
> competitor. Recently, I noticed that one of the tool companies was
> selling software over the summer with a picture from my web site of
> Vector function that their software couldn't even do (faces). You
> know that nice little picture of the drill in a tool holder,
drilling
> with the connect at Z's and the part clamped to a T-slot table.
They
> put it in their printed catalog and on the web.

I know what you mean Fred.
Have you had a look at Capsmill from http://www.cadem.com ?
If you have had a look at their web site or demo they have this nice
little gearbox casting and also a two level part with fingers on it.
These were two files I sent to them when I was looking at their
product. Their version 5 couldn't machine either !!
They obviously cured this in V6.0 but my parts are still on their
page. Good job they weren't some of the Ministry of Defense parts I
do or I'll be in the Tower of London <bg>

> Do you think I should prosecute?

Is it worth the hassle ??
Pay the legal fees to a young hacker to have "STOLEN FROM IMSERVICE"
put across his web page and move all his links to porn pages.

> > A bit of a long way to go for on-line help <bg>
>
> I'd go if I could. ;-)

I used to go vintage motorcycle racing at Nurnburg ring every year
from 1978 up until 1992, sometimes twice a year. Really enjoyed it.
Trouble is now who's going to feed the dogs <g>

> P.S. If anybody actually gets this far down on a message, I added
> about a dozen more low cost 3D cad programs to the list last night.
> Lots of them were free and low cost shareware. It is also linked to
> the stlwork.com front web page now. Quite frankly if I never saw
> another 3D sphere it would be soon enough. I actually downloaded
and
> installed most of the programs on the list. Somebody else will
have
> to help with the features tables, I'm too tired. ;-) I will try to
> get someone here at IMService to start adding the links to reviews
if
> people will start to send them in.

Thank you for the effort Fred.

JS.

Discussion Thread

IMService 2001-09-01 05:55:32 UTC Re: Contour Machining, was Optimizing cutting paths machines@n... 2001-09-02 06:55:11 UTC Re: Contour Machining, was Optimizing cutting paths Fred Smith 2001-09-02 10:35:26 UTC Re: Contour Machining, was Optimizing cutting paths machines@n... 2001-09-02 11:44:54 UTC Re: Contour Machining, was Optimizing cutting paths Fred Smith 2001-09-02 12:12:41 UTC Re: Contour Machining, was Optimizing cutting paths machines@n... 2001-09-02 13:08:11 UTC Re: Contour Machining, was Optimizing cutting paths