CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Contour Machining, was Optimizing cutting paths

Posted by Fred Smith
on 2001-09-02 12:12:41 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., machines@n... wrote:

> > "Are all the subjects covered in the new manual?", sounds like a
> > competitor trying to reverse engineer our product.
>
> Fred why would a simple question like this "sound like a
> competitor trying to reverse engineer our product. "?
> It was just a simple question.

I know, I'm paranoid. ;-) You've seen at least one of my
competitor's manuals right? <g>

> The reason I asked was that I have the Learing vector book in front
> of me and the actual maching tutorial only covers 10 pages for 2D
and
> 3D out of a 168 page book.
> I was looking to find out if the full manual covered it any better.

I think the manual you should look at is the 370 page one on the
Vector-Cad CD.

> Seeing as you mentioned reverse engineering why would someone want
> do this when there are already 1 1/2 clones out there with Bobcad
and
> Onecnc ?

More than that. I've had some copyright issues with at least one
competitor. Recently, I noticed that one of the tool companies was
selling software over the summer with a picture from my web site of a
Vector function that their software couldn't even do (faces). You
know that nice little picture of the drill in a tool holder, drilling
with the connect at Z's and the part clamped to a T-slot table. They
put it in their printed catalog and on the web.

Do you think I should prosecute?

> > Also John, if you would like to ask Centriforce directly about
the
> > Vector manuals, as well as see the latest improvements, visit
their
> > booth at EMO in Hannover, Germany, on September 12-19, 2001.
> >
> > http://www.emo-hannover.de/homepage_e
> >
> > Centriforce Hall 15 , Stand B07
>
> A bit of a long way to go for on-line help <bg>

I'd go if I could. ;-)

Best Regards,

Fred Smith
IMService

P.S. If anybody actually gets this far down on a message, I added
about a dozen more low cost 3D cad programs to the list last night.
Lots of them were free and low cost shareware. It is also linked to
the stlwork.com front web page now. Quite frankly if I never saw
another 3D sphere it would be soon enough. I actually downloaded and
installed most of the programs on the list. Somebody else will have
to help with the features tables, I'm too tired. ;-) I will try to
get someone here at IMService to start adding the links to reviews if
people will start to send them in.

Discussion Thread

IMService 2001-09-01 05:55:32 UTC Re: Contour Machining, was Optimizing cutting paths machines@n... 2001-09-02 06:55:11 UTC Re: Contour Machining, was Optimizing cutting paths Fred Smith 2001-09-02 10:35:26 UTC Re: Contour Machining, was Optimizing cutting paths machines@n... 2001-09-02 11:44:54 UTC Re: Contour Machining, was Optimizing cutting paths Fred Smith 2001-09-02 12:12:41 UTC Re: Contour Machining, was Optimizing cutting paths machines@n... 2001-09-02 13:08:11 UTC Re: Contour Machining, was Optimizing cutting paths