CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Is there a comparison between milling machines and software?

Posted by Mr. Progee
on 2001-09-03 23:53:52 UTC
Hello Smoke:

I happened to call up MaxNc and ask a number of
questions about how their CNC mill, MaxNC 15 compared
with Serline, Roland and Taig. The fellow I spoke to
said that it could be up to 8 times faster than the
Roland MDX 15 or 20 and 3 to 4 times faster than a
Sherline or Taig when milling 3D objects like the ones
posted at www.rolanddga.com under the features of the
MDX 15 and 20. You'll see sample milled objects. This
fellow stated that the closed loop system or CL parlty
helps to make the MaxNC 15 CL2 a faster machine.
I don't understand why. But apparently this closed
loop system can fairly accurately know where the
machine is milling. I asked another fellow who
carried MaxNc and he too gave me similar milling time
estimates for the same 3D objects. However, he said
the Taig was faster but suffers from accuracy problems
- apparently the machine may not accurately know where
it is milling when it goes through its passes. I don't
understand this exactly and I am probably not
explaining it correclty. Maybe someone could comment.

Mprogee

=== message truncated ===