CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO]Hommel U-boat lathe

Posted by Sven Peter
on 2001-09-04 12:10:54 UTC
Hello Allan, here my comment to Doug Fortune.
The email to Michael Remminger is growing.
Actualy he ows me a cuotation for it whether conventional or
CNC, because he converts it right now.
Sven Peter

Hello Doug,
this machine is from the 60's and was built until 80's.
But because of its unbelievable price. (full blown over 30 grands)
It was rarely sold except military.
I will ask Michael Remminger himself, if he gets a change to
scan his prospects. Its a mind blowing module machine.
in certain manner lego style - everything fits together.
Good Luck
Sven Peter
Alan Marconett KM6VV wrote:

> HI Peter,
>
> U-boat lathe! I'd like to hear more about it, having spent many hours
> back in AMR-1 (auxiliary machinery room 1) running the lathe on the boat
> I was on (SSBN622).
>
> Alan KM6VV
>
> Sven Peter wrote:
> >
> > Hello friends,
> > on my trip to Germany the nicest toy I saw was a german Hommel
> > U-boat lathe. The owner Michael Remminger in Hamburg actually
> > converts it to CNC.
> > It is a unique 6 axis bench top universal machine. With all accessories
> > you can use it practically as every imaginable tool machine.
> > The dove tail slides are rigid, very accurate and have ground lead spindles
> > with 1 mm pitch. Nearly all parts are hardened and ground.
> > If anybody has one of these little toys I warmly recommend him to keep it
> > and perhaps convert it to cnc.
> > Best wishes to everybody.
> > Sven Peter

Discussion Thread

Sven Peter 2001-09-03 18:14:44 UTC [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO]Hommel U-boat lathe Alan Marconett KM6VV 2001-09-04 11:06:00 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO]Hommel U-boat lathe Sven Peter 2001-09-04 12:10:54 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO]Hommel U-boat lathe daverig2003 2003-06-14 08:59:15 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO]Hommel U-boat lathe