CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] TurboCAD - Comments please

on 2001-09-05 13:47:11 UTC
Bryan:

You might want to consider IMService's offering of VectorCAD-9. Fred offered
(He may still be offering... Fred?) a $15.00 version of the CAD package with
the hopes that some of us would be impressed enough to upgrade that package
to the "full" version. The particular version also had some extra goodies
enabled, such as the ability to offset the drawing by some distance (Maybe
half the cutter width) and provide lead-in's to the part. In all, it's a
nice package, and if you choose to upgrade to the "full" package, you'll
have a CAD package that can generate G-Codes as well. And, it appears that
you can personalize the G-Codes to the particular G-Code interpreter that
you're using. The CAD package is pretty decent. It's a Windows 3.1 program,
which means the 8.3 file name format. Of course, if you have an earlier
version of the Norton Utilities or get something likd Oren Manzuy's LFNBL10
long file name enabler to allow you to manipulate LFN's within the program
(You can open and save LFN's, but not create or saveas).

Another program you may want to consider is Intellicad. It's an AutoCAD
workalike that is available for free from either Atlas Computing or CMS.
Check earlier messages for the URL's, or search the web using the term
"Intellicad"

-- Carol & Jerry Jankura
Strongsville, Ohio
So many toys, So little time....