CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: DXF to G-Code and HPGL to G-Code Software

Posted by Donald Brock
on 2001-09-25 05:25:11 UTC
Being courious, I downloaded this software to check it out.

I loaded up a simple circuit board pattern in dxf format that I drew
up a couple weeks ago to engrave a quick set of small boards on a
profesional level $16,000 computerized engraving machine, and after a
little playing with the software to learn how it worked it produced
the g-code to engrave the circuit board. It wasn't anything fancy,
but it did work and I didn't even have to read a manual to do it. It
even spot drilled the hole locations to the engraving depth.

It's limited but it does work and does produce an accurate tool path.
At least for engraving. Just thought a few of you might like to know.
Took about 45 minutes to download at at approx. 4.0 kb/s.

And yes, Cardinal Eng. appears to be involved involved with this
product.

Donald

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., Roland Friestad <cardinal.eng@g...>
wrote:
> A while back there was some discussion of DXF to G-Code conversion
and what
> software was available -
>
> I've been working for the last several years with Turner
Technologies, a
> small company in the UK that is building a CNC controller targeted
to the
> small shop and educational markets -
>
> A recent addition to the system software includes DXF to G-Code
conversion
> as well as HPGL to G-Code conversion -
>
> For those of you who are interested in trying this out for yourself
the
> operating system software is available as a free download from the
Turner
> Technologies web site -
>
> Go to www.turnertec.com
>
> Click on "products"
>
> Click on "download software"
>
> There are a few questions to answer and the software is downloaded
as a
> single file named "setupex.exe" and its size is a little over 8
megabytes
> - Executing the file will install the software on any Windows 95,
98, 2000
> or NT system -
>
> As an alternative I can burn a CD-Rom and mail it to you for $10 if
you
> don't want to download the software -
>
> Roland Friestad <cardinal.eng@g...>

Discussion Thread

Roland Friestad 2001-09-23 15:51:54 UTC DXF to G-Code and HPGL to G-Code Software M. SHABBIR 2001-09-24 09:53:17 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] DXF to G-Code and HPGL to G-Code Software Garry & Maxine Foster 2001-09-24 11:50:50 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] DXF to G-Code and HPGL to G-Code Software Donald Brock 2001-09-25 05:25:11 UTC Re: DXF to G-Code and HPGL to G-Code Software