CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] OT - Gib Adjustment

Posted by Sven Peter
on 2001-10-02 05:23:08 UTC
Hello Roger.
That is the difficult part with turcite.
not even this way you adjust it well,
because it is very compressible.
What I did was I adjusted it by feel without any oil.
(disconnected the nut) And gave it a slightly more tension
(1/4 turn of the set screw).
Until then I oiled. and got the result that the table felt
even more tight. but testing with a long handle I always was
able to displace the table laterally and vertical by more than
0.06mm.
Hopefully somebody experienced like George Brandau
will give his comment on this.

Good luck
Sven Peter