CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: PLC's and Macros

on 2001-10-06 10:56:46 UTC
Wayne, Others:

What I've been working on is a program that allows the user to select either
a fractional, numbered, letter drill, American Tap, or Metric Tap and draw a
circle that corresponds either to the size of the drill or the "correct" tap
or clearance drill. It does this by writing a series of statements to the
Windows clip board to define the circle, layer, etc. Once done, the user
uses the VectorCAD "Edit->PasteSpecial->to PLC" command to direct Vector to
draw and label the appropriate hole.

The program is compiled using Borland's Delphi, Release 6.0 personal
edition, which is available from www.borland.com for the price of a 150
Mbyte download. It uses no components which are not common to the Borland
Delphi-1 compiler, so it should compile under any version of Borland's
Delphi if the comment style is changed from the C++ (//) style to the Pascal
({}) style.

Unfrorunately, it is not able to import any information from VectorCAD, but
can only export commands to VectorCAD.

Wayne - Can you comment about the programs that you've written? The language
that you've used to write them in?

Fred - Will the new 32 bit version be expanding the number of commands that
the PLC understands?

-- Jerry Jankura
Strongsville, Ohio
So many toys, So little time....

Discussion Thread

Alan Marconett KM6VV 2001-10-03 10:41:36 UTC PLC's and Macros wayne_j_hill@y... 2001-10-05 10:33:15 UTC Re: PLC's and Macros Carol & Jerry Jankura 2001-10-06 10:56:46 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: PLC's and Macros wayne_j_hill@y... 2001-10-06 16:57:33 UTC Re: PLC's and Macros