CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Master5 OCX

Posted by shawnusa@e...
on 2001-10-08 11:41:28 UTC
Great! Looking forward to playing with it. How will you handle
upgrades if one is already registered with the current version. Mind
you I have not registered yet, and want to know if I should just hold
out until the next release. Thanks for the quick feedback.

Shawn

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., "Art Fenerty" <fenerty@h...> wrote:
> Shawn:
>
> In order to do it right, and only do it once, I have ordered
the new
> XP driver development kit from Microsoft. It should arrive in a
week or so.
> It is my intent to drop everything else in order to develop a new
WDM driver
> for both Win98 and WinNT. It will hopefully include such things as
Limits on
> movement when hitting switches, 3d sensing probe capability and a
better
> system of memory management. At that point Master5 will become
Win98,ME and
> 2000 and XP only capable, dropping Win95 as a platform. I suspect
it will
> take a few weeks to learn the ins and outs of WDM development. So
Hopefully,
> by the end of November or December, a beta of the WinXP version
will be
> available. This driver change will necessiate some dramatic changes
> internally to the Master5 system, and will probably end up as
Master6 by the
> time of its full release. I will keep folks updated on its progress,
> experimentation will be done on a Embedded APIC mode for pulses to
as high
> as 50,000 pulses per second. Testing has shown it is possible, but
I'm not
> sure yet about compatibily problems. Almost all new motherboards
have
> on-board APICS on board, but are not being used for anything if
only a
> single processor system. I hope to do something about that.
>
> Art
> Master5 Software
> http://users.andara.com/~fenerty/master.htm

functionality