CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Re: Plotters for application of Etch resist

on 1999-10-12 11:27:17 UTC
I have had good results with a product called Toner Transfer System. It is a
coated sheet of paper that you print the circuit on, then you use an iron
set on high to fuse the toner to the copper. After that is done, you put the
circuit board with the paper in water and the coating slips off the paper
like a decal and the toner image is fused to the copper. Last step is to
etch the board.
Darrell

----- Original Message -----
From: Ian Wright <Ian@...>
To: <CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@onelist.com>
Sent: Tuesday, October 12, 1999 3:12 AM
Subject: Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Plotters for application of Etch resist

> From: "Ian Wright" <Ian@...>
>
> For occasional boards which are not too critical I have had some success
> with using laser prints directly. Do a dense black print in reverse of the
> layout and then iron this into the board using a hot domestic iron. If the
> print is dense enough, the board is clean and the print is fresh, you can
> get quite a good transfer which will resist the etchant. Its not a prefect
> method and, sometimes, large areas need a bit of touching up with a resist
> pen, but its usually good enough for prototype boards.
> --
> Ian W. Wright
> Sheffield UK

discussion of shop built systems in the above catagories.
> To Unsubscribe, read archives, change to or from digest.
> Go to: http://www.onelist.com/isregistered.cgi
> Log on, and you will go to Member Center, and you can make changes there.
> For the FAQ, go to http://www.ktmarketing.com/faq.html
> bill,
> List Manager

Discussion Thread

Raynor Johnston 1999-10-11 06:45:10 UTC Re: Plotters for application of Etch resist David Howland 1999-10-11 11:43:19 UTC RE: Re: Plotters for application of Etch resist Jon Elson 1999-10-11 13:44:07 UTC Re: Re: Plotters for application of Etch resist Bertho Boman 1999-10-11 15:13:47 UTC Re: Re: Plotters for application of Etch resist Bertho Boman 1999-10-11 15:38:03 UTC Re: Re: Plotters for application of Etch resist Ian Wright 1999-10-12 03:12:55 UTC Re: Re: Plotters for application of Etch resist Darrell Gehlsen 1999-10-12 11:27:17 UTC Re: Re: Plotters for application of Etch resist