CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Re: Plotters for application of Etch resist

Posted by Bertho Boman
on 1999-10-11 15:13:47 UTC
Hello David,

That is very clever with the paint and scraping it off.
I have used a variety of techniques over the years but usually tried to create an artwork and then used photosensitive material, either purchased or applied by my self. The artwork makes it easy to produce larger quantities if needed.

Today, there is a better way: After I am finished with a PCB layout, I zip it up and email it to Alberta Printed Circuit http://www.apcircuits.com/. 48 hours later, Fed-x delivers my boards, double sided and plated through. Typical cost for two boards is about $100. Their service is excellent! See all the details on their web site.

Its like my "Linux??" comment, I have more interesting things to do then etching PCBs and drilling them. It used to be a challenge when the alternative was waiting weeks and paying many hundreds of dollars to get a board.

Bertho Boman

> From: David Howland <dhowland@...>
>
> I have made hundreds of single sided boards from 1 square inch to 48 square inches on my plotter. I have done this for almost 10 years. I am now in the process of considering other methods because of the time it takes, (however it is much easier than many other methods for making PC boards).
> However, I am interested in other concepts for clean and simple ways of making boards. I know about the photo coppier method, but have not had much sucess with it. I will have a CNC mill later this year and wonder if anyone knows of a gerber to CNC mill package, which might allow anyone to make boards on any CNC mill from the Gerber file? Fun stuff.
>
> David Howland

Discussion Thread

Raynor Johnston 1999-10-11 06:45:10 UTC Re: Plotters for application of Etch resist David Howland 1999-10-11 11:43:19 UTC RE: Re: Plotters for application of Etch resist Jon Elson 1999-10-11 13:44:07 UTC Re: Re: Plotters for application of Etch resist Bertho Boman 1999-10-11 15:13:47 UTC Re: Re: Plotters for application of Etch resist Bertho Boman 1999-10-11 15:38:03 UTC Re: Re: Plotters for application of Etch resist Ian Wright 1999-10-12 03:12:55 UTC Re: Re: Plotters for application of Etch resist Darrell Gehlsen 1999-10-12 11:27:17 UTC Re: Re: Plotters for application of Etch resist