CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Re: Plotters for application of Etch resist

Posted by Ian Wright
on 1999-10-12 03:12:55 UTC
For occasional boards which are not too critical I have had some success
with using laser prints directly. Do a dense black print in reverse of the
layout and then iron this into the board using a hot domestic iron. If the
print is dense enough, the board is clean and the print is fresh, you can
get quite a good transfer which will resist the etchant. Its not a prefect
method and, sometimes, large areas need a bit of touching up with a resist
pen, but its usually good enough for prototype boards.
--
Ian W. Wright
Sheffield UK