CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Heidenhain Programming

Posted by Randolph Lee
on 1999-10-12 18:05:30 UTC
>From: Paul Corner <Paul.Corner@...>
>
>Hi Randolph
>
>M25 - Home Z axiis, turn off coolant and stop spindle ready for a Tool change
>M03 - Start spindle clockwise.

that fits I wonder if I just strip out the M stuff if the 855 will
read the TNC programs...

>The TNC145 I use is fitted to a mill, hence some of the diferences in codes,
>but the basics should still be the same.

I use the Positip on My Bridgeport right now... though one of the
features I Like in it is all the pre canned Lathe routines... when I
get around to slapping some scales (I have a nice NOS 32 scale that
will be just right for the bed on the Engine lathe. I am looking for
an 8" for the X slide and a 3 or 4" for the top slide... I may have
to buy that one new though...) ; I can swap it over from the Mill to
the lathe and back in the time it takes to swap the cables and DL the
Different init file to it...

It will use _Any_ scale the they have made for the last 28 years (and
I had a nice pair of antique Heidenhain scales on the x and y dating
from about 1980 on my Bridgeport when I got it. it had a dead 1980
vintage PosiEcon DRO on it which I fixed (as well as having to relamp
one of the scales) with a new internal fuse and got 5 years more use
out of it... all came free with the mill as the seller thought they
were totally dead... when the PosEcon started to die (more and more
segments in the display went dark and it became hard to tell what it
was saying (G) I looked at the cheaper Heidenhain DROs but they would
not let me mix the antique scales with new ones... the 955 has a set
up mode that will use them all... and I got it for a good price after
the Eastec show... it also has a port for their touch probe...
something else I am looking for used... right now I have one of those
LED touch probes with the spring loaded .400 ball on a .75 shank...
works ok and I have set it's .400 up for the DRO's probe function...
but if I can get one of the plug in type for the DRO at a good price
I will...

I added a nice new 6" scale (for $400 ouch!) for the Z quill and
found a pair nice NOS 1988 vintage scales(for only $125 the pair...
new still taped up in the very dusty boxes) one of which I used for
the X and moved the old X, cut down to 18", to the Z knee as a 4
axis mill DRO it's quite sophisticated as it also supports a rotary
encoder for the mill and 3 scales (bed,X slide and Topslide) on the
lathe

>I'll fire up the beast tomorrow, and check out nesting calls.
>I would have thought that 20 - 30 quantities would have been viable on full
>blown CNC. I just do model making so the numbers are low, yet CNC makes some
>tasks so much easier. ( no axe to grind here ).
>
>As for the teach in mode, I'm afraid I can not help you there - it's not a
>function I have.

Randolph Lee boss@...
Windshadow Engineering Nantucket Island, MA USA

Paul Corner 1999-10-12 17:40:06 UTC Re: Heidenhain Programming Randolph Lee 1999-10-12 18:05:30 UTC Re: Heidenhain Programming