CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO EZ Linux EMC Installation

on 1999-10-13 03:39:43 UTC
I can tell you for sure that my video card does not, but I do understand
that the latest version
of xfree supports it, and a lot of other newer cards. I was considereing
downloading it
and tryning it, but now that I have it working, I'm reluctant to mess with
it. I probably will
eventually.

Marshall Pharoah
Software Engineer
Adirondac Software
PIC/6805/6811/68000
Asm/C/C++

-----Original Message-----
From: Matt Shaver <mshaver@...>
To: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@onelist.com <CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@onelist.com>
Date: Tuesday, October 12, 1999 3:04 PM
Subject: Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO EZ Linux EMC
Installation

>From: "Matt Shaver" <mshaver@...>
>
>> From: paul@...
>> If there's any interest, we could do this.
>>
>> We generally build Linux systems by cloning hard drive images anyway.
>> It's a heck of a lot less painful than doing installs from scratch.
>> Sometimes you need a kernel rebuild if you have special hardware, but
>> a generic kernel can be made that works for most of the stuff.
>>
>> The biggest problem will be the X configuration.
>
>I've been giving Dan's idea some thought as well and I was wondering if all
>video cards support the VGA standard frame buffer interface. If so you
could
>use the VGA16 (gag!) or the SVGA X server. It wouldn't be as pretty as it
>could be, but it would work.
>
>Matt
>
>>Welcome to CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@...,an unmoderated list for the
discussion of shop built systems in the above catagories.
>To Unsubscribe, read archives, change to or from digest.
>Go to: http://www.onelist.com/isregistered.cgi
>Log on, and you will go to Member Center, and you can make changes there.
>For the FAQ, go to http://www.ktmarketing.com/faq.html
>bill,
>List Manager

Discussion Thread

Dan Mauch 1999-10-12 08:37:40 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO EZ Linux EMC Installation paul@x... 1999-10-12 09:35:41 UTC Re: Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO EZ Linux EMC Installation Matt Shaver 1999-10-12 12:02:25 UTC Re: Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO EZ Linux EMC Installation paul@x... 1999-10-12 13:30:19 UTC Re: Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO EZ Linux EMC Installation Jon Elson 1999-10-12 14:59:19 UTC Re: Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO EZ Linux EMC Installation Marshall Pharoah 1999-10-13 03:39:43 UTC Re: Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO EZ Linux EMC Installation