CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: RAMS Software

Posted by smoke@t...
on 2001-10-29 09:44:17 UTC
Thanks for trying Steve. Just tried that....it doesn't work any
better than the way the software author says to do the job Which is
very similar) One of the problems with using the .dxf file for the
countour is that the RAMS program chains lines together that aren't
supposed to be chained. Another problem is the poor quality of the
finished curves. After saving a file and looking at it, the program
generates absolutely no arc moves.

Smoke

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., "Horizons" <horizons@t...> wrote:

> I don't use this program but tired it twice and got no were with it
and put
> it
> in the "some day I'll look at it again" pile of demo cad and cam
CDs.
> Last week I stopped by a local guys warehouse to see his new set up
> and he is using Rams. After 3 hours of looking and playing with the
software
> we got a understanding of what I think is a little different way
about doing
> thing
> in a cam package. In your cad program using a top view looking
straight down
> the
> Z-axis, save your 3D model as a STL file and then save the same
thing as a
> DXF
> file. Load the STL model in Rams and then load the DXF file on top
of it.
> The
> DXF will be in 2D only and the STL file will be in 3D.
> Looking at the top view you should be able to point and click on a
line or
> drag a
> box around the part of the model you want to select, apart of it or
the hole
> thing.
> The part of the DXF file you select will let Rams know what part of
the 3D
> STL
> model you want to apply the tool path to.
> If this is not the proper way to do this will some one please pipe
in and
> let us know
> as all knowledge I have was gained in 3 hours of watching and some
playing.

> Steve in Stuart, Fl

Discussion Thread

smoke@t... 2001-10-28 17:23:04 UTC RAMS Software Horizons 2001-10-28 18:30:06 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] RAMS Software FIK 2001-10-28 20:21:01 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] RAMS Software S.L.Ramsay 2001-10-28 21:00:49 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] RAMS Software Marcus & Eva 2001-10-29 08:35:05 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] RAMS Software Marcus & Eva 2001-10-29 08:38:09 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] RAMS Software smoke@t... 2001-10-29 09:44:17 UTC Re: RAMS Software