CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Hi all ...........I need some help

on 2001-10-30 11:18:59 UTC
Hi Ronald,

Welcome to the List! It would be interesting to hear about your engine
building experiences, and how you apply CNC to them. The Gecko's are
fine drives! And Dan has some fine drives also, if you like to build
electronic kits!

Yes, we are blessed with an abundance of Hi-teck toys here. What's the
rule on receiving "educational materials"? Does that help any? Tim has
some Gecko's for sale, VERY EDUCATIONAL!

They wouldn't let me bring back my Gecko's from Guam, either. ;>)

Best regards,

Alan KM6VV
(Gecko Powered)

Ronald wrote:

> Hi all in the sunny US Cad_CAM_EDM_DRO heaven
>
> Me Ronald an European mixture made '56
>
> living since 10 years in France now and building
> live-steam locomotives and other model engine
> but mostly as big as for 7 1/4 and as it is
> norrow gauge the modell is about 1:4 so really big
>
> All people in Europe converting a mill
> talking Fanuc, Heidenhein, and other expensive stuff
>
> if it is cheap it is table router for aeromodelling
>
> but a steam locomotive even 1:3 is a real steam engine
> the last a 2+2 narrow gauge from s Jva sugar mill
> ex german WW1 loco we build from scratch
> the classic way....but now we like to build
> 2 one for us and for a friend...so some CAD_CAMEDM
> MAGIC would be nice...
>
> and we, a small club we want to go CAD CAM...
>
> question Gecco's etc they have no branch in Europe
> menas for us customs, 19.6 % VAT and a lot to pay
> for paper work
>
> me I'm a real-time nut coming from ex Intel RMX, Vertex
> working with huge Job's gantry .....yeah defense....
>
> so as ther is Gimp, Blender, Orcad, EMS we could go Linux

Discussion Thread

Ronald 2001-10-30 00:56:44 UTC Hi all ...........I need some help Ray 2001-10-30 06:53:35 UTC Hi all ...........I need some help Alan Marconett KM6VV 2001-10-30 11:18:59 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Hi all ...........I need some help