CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Re: Why Linux?

Posted by Jon Anderson
on 1999-10-13 13:08:40 UTC
Ron Ginger wrote:

> Is it more valuale to continue with the WIN95/VB track?
>
> Or should I chuck this whole thing and return to making
> models, which is why I got into all this in the first place!

Ron,

I remember your original posts talking about this. Have you considered
altering your path a bit to create a commercial product? By outputting
AcuRite code, you have available a decent market consisting of owners of
that control.
By offering an option to output G-code, you open a window to anyone with
a 2 or 3 axis mill that would like off-line conversational programming.
This would relieve the issue of real-time control. To the very best of
my knowledge, there is at present nothing like this on the market.

Ron Ginger 1999-10-13 12:36:38 UTC Re: Why Linux? Jon Anderson 1999-10-13 13:08:40 UTC Re: Re: Why Linux? Carlos Guillermo 1999-10-13 19:12:18 UTC RE: Re: Why Linux?