CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Stepper Motor Driver Help Needed

Posted by Paul Corner
on 1999-10-13 13:49:03 UTC
On Wed, 13 Oct 1999, you wrote:
> From: "Matt Shaver" <mshaver@...>
>
> 1. Can anyone recommend a source of high power bipolar stepper motor drivers
> and the associated power supply, preferably cheap? I don't need
> microstepping, half stepping would be fine and I'd even consider a good full
> step only solution if the price was right, however it seems that most all the
> drivers have half step capabilities at a minimum.

Hi Matt

Have you thought of replacing the MOSFETS on Dan's board with some
opto-isolator chips and using te output from these to drive a high voltage
bridge ?
I know it involve a bit of messing around, but there are plenty of high voltage
FETs to choose from, or even IGBTs.

Jst a thought, doesn't the BOSS motor drives have a set of inputs from an
external step sequencer ? It may be possible to use a PBD3517 to drive the BOSS
boards direct.

Regards, Paul.

Discussion Thread

Matt Shaver 1999-10-13 00:27:04 UTC Stepper Motor Driver Help Needed Al Schoepp 1999-10-13 08:16:37 UTC Re: Stepper Motor Driver Help Needed Darrell Gehlsen 1999-10-13 09:02:05 UTC Re: Stepper Motor Driver Help Needed Paul Corner 1999-10-13 13:49:03 UTC Re: Stepper Motor Driver Help Needed Jon Elson 1999-10-13 16:28:01 UTC Re: Stepper Motor Driver Help Needed Darrell Gehlsen 1999-10-13 17:38:33 UTC Re: Stepper Motor Driver Help Needed Matt Shaver 1999-10-13 23:20:23 UTC Re: Stepper Motor Driver Help Needed