CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: DESPERATE HELP NEEDED ON EXCELLON LASER PLOTTER

frostie@... wrote:

> ok can I rephrase the Q?....and thanks to all that replied erm some
> replied about milling lol
> Anyhoo the laser has 10 spinning mirrors which I believe to be the
> cause of the blur but even after readjusting these, the laser
> definition in the emulsion is still furry.
>
> The centre of the line is well defined but the edge is blurry. The
> platen is flat and the mirror spins at 1200 rpm although this two is
> variable....I have no manual to help me

can you shut off the mirror motor while you are focusing. being
able to see the entire 'spot' should make it much easier to find the
best focus. If there is a lot of 'scatter' to the spot, in other words,
a good bright center but a very diffuse edge, then the quality of
the mirrors is suspect. Many first surface mirrors can not be
cleaned at all, or require extreme care and special materials
to clean them without damaging the mirror surface.

What film are you using? What type of laser is this, gas?
What controls the beam, an acousto-optical modulator?

frostie@e... 2001-11-05 21:27:09 UTC DESPERATE HELP NEEDED ON EXCELLON LASER PLOTTER frostie@e... 2001-11-06 00:02:17 UTC Re: DESPERATE HELP NEEDED ON EXCELLON LASER PLOTTER Les Newell 2001-11-06 02:18:57 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: DESPERATE HELP NEEDED ON EXCELLON LASER PLOTTER Jon Elson 2001-11-06 09:35:25 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: DESPERATE HELP NEEDED ON EXCELLON LASER PLOTTER